Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken Dijon

My first apartment in college came with a kitchen.  I found it a little vexing. When I moved across the state from home, I brought with me a limited skill set as far as cooking was concerned. Brownies from a box mix? You got it. Create a dinner that didn't come from a box, can, or (my favorite) the local teriyaki joint? Problem.

Luckily, I had a cousin nearby. She all but threw her recipe box at me and I spent an afternoon copying recipe after recipe on her recommendations. This recipe for Chicken Dijon is one of those I learned way back then, and has remained a favorite in our household today.

Chicken Dijon
1/2 lb melted butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped very fine or put through a garlic press
1/2 C. dijon mustard
6 chicken breasts
1 box of Japanese Panko crumbs

  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Whip the first three ingredients together with a whisk. 
  • Cut Chicken breasts in half
  • Pound flat between 2 sheets of wax paper
  • Dredge chicken in butter mixture, then in Panko crumbs.
  • Roll up chicken 
  • Set roll in a buttered baking dish 
  • Bake for 20 mins @ 450

No comments:

Post a Comment