Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sloppy Joes

I'm choosing to start this blog with a simple recipe... given to me with love and well meaning intentions.

I was a young newly married 20 something with a husband who loved to buy Manwich. I did not grow up in a Manwich household and I will admit, it wasn't my favorite thing. But it made him happy and it was a cheap dinner. My mom noticed the cans in my pantry while visiting one day. When she left I found this well meaning but slightly passive aggressive note on my recipe box.



Sloppy Joes

1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
Sliced celery
Chopped Onion
1 can of tomato soup
Chili Powder to taste

Brown first three ingredients together and then drain fat. Add tomato soup and chili powder to taste. Serve on hamburger buns or over potatoes. Also good on top of Fritos with cheese melted on top. :)

*We have experimented by adding chopped peppers, sour cream, shredded cheese, corn, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment